about us

A place to hang out and discuss all things not covered by other forums.
Brian Neale

about us

Post by Brian Neale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

why is "about us" in latin? :ugeek:

aowaad
Site Admin

Re: about us

Post by aowaad » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 pm

I’d like to replace the Latin text with a paragraph to two of story about each system we play with examples of notable or interesting events/things. For example, the Call of Cthulhu section might go into how long the campaign has been running, it’s theme or background and a bit about our musophobia. The Frostgrave section could describe some of the 4-way matches that have been played. The Bolt Action section could mention the ladder campaign and such like.

I’d like to add a section about our history too but I wasn’t around until the mid-90s and can’t remember when we moved out of Newsham library.

I need to have a chat with folk when I’m next there and ask for input.

Brian Neale

Post by Brian Neale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Overthehill and Patch are the only two of the founding members remaining i believe....

OvertheHill

Post by OvertheHill » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:35 am

Without meaning to sound "wrong" - Patch was not one of the original members, he joined soon after. My membership had a 2 ,or so, year break due to medical reasons... so none of the original members have had continuous membership and only I , having returned am still around.

BUT any organisation is fluid in its membership , people come and go over time, but as long as there is some sort of continuity we survive as a club.

aowaad
Site Admin

Post by aowaad » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Can you remember the year in which we moved to the church hall? I think it was mid-00's but can't remember exactly.